How will the Eco-Committee be elected?
- Pupils will be elected to represent different year groups and the whole school
- A member of staff (the Eco-Coordinator) will support but not lead the committee
What will the Eco-Committee be doing?
- It will ensure that the whole school is aware of the Eco-Schools programme
- Take the lead in carrying out the Environmental Review
- Ensure that everyone in the school community is represented in the decision-making process (as far as possible)
- Provide a link between pupils, teachers, senior management team, governors and the whole school community
- Take the lead in delivering the Eco-Schools Action Plan
- The committee will keep a record of their decisions and the minutes of their meetings which should then be reported back to the senior school management team and governor meetings.
Act now, act together.
Our Eco-Code is easy to understand, otherwise pupils and staff won’t feel engaged with its aims and it will fail without their commitment and passion to make a difference. We feel that the key to a successful Eco-Code is not just to write it, display it and do nothing else with.
To gain our Silver award we needed to focus on a project. There were 9 areas that we could choose from. These are;
Energy Water Biodiversity
Healthy living Transport Litter
Recycling Global Citizenship School grounds
We chose to improve our school grounds and are now waiting for the results of application to Cannock Council for funding.