Nursery Red Class- Mrs Tolmie/ Mrs McDonnell / Miss Bowles
Blue Class- Mrs Clifford/ Mrs Biddulph
Green Class- Miss Civil/ Mrs Roberts
- In Foundation Stage children come first and our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing rich and truly enjoyable learning experiences for our community of children.
- Everything we do is to ensure that the children achieve their very best.
- We want every child to be successful; reach for success from the very first day they join us so that when they leave us, they have a love of learning and a keen curiosity to begin their school journey.
- To provide a high quality experience where children are at the heart of everything.
- To create a safe, appealing and inspiring environment where children thrive and learn.
- To build secure and trusting relationships with children and their families valuing parents as the children’s first and most important educators.
- To celebrate diversity, appreciating and respecting the things that make each child unique.
We believe that working together and communicating effectively to create a partnership between school and home is vital in giving your child the best possible start. After all you know your child best! We have an ‘open door’ policy and a member of staff is always available to discuss any worries or concerns you may have.
We hold an Inspire morning every term where you are invited to spend a session with your child and work alongside them.
The Early Years Foundation stage
Our curriculum is based on The Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. This explains how and what your child will be learning to support healthy development. Your child will be learning new skills, acquiring new knowledge and demonstrating understanding through 7 areas of development.
- Personal ,Social and Emotional development
- Communication and Language
- Physical development
These will help develop skills in 4 specific areas:
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
These skills and areas of learning are taught through creating a setting which enables exploration, curiosity, independence and risk taking. Play is at the heart of everything and we are led by the children’s interests and curiosity, teaching the next steps in the moment.
Every week we take a group of children into our forest area where they will explore the natural environment and learn new skills.
These sessions will encourage the children to have:
- Opportunities to be curious, fascinated, interested and inventive;
- Freedom to explore different ways of being, feeling, behaving and interacting;
- Opportunities to be resourceful, meet challenges and learn to handle risk;
- Relief from stress and anxiety;
- The chance to experience a sense of awe and wonder at the natural environment.
Introduction to the Foundation Stage
Before your child starts in our Early Years, they will be invited to come along with parents to meet the staff and have a look around.
We also offer an additional ‘Play and Stay Session’ .
Nursery parents will also be offered a Home Visit. This is a great opportunity to really get to know the children in an environment they are familiar with. We also offer 1:1 meetings in school.
For regular weekly updates on what’s happening in Early Years please visit us on Twitter @redclasssch, @blueclasssch and @greenclasssch